Obama World Versus Real World
It’s obvious there are some disconnects between the President’s thoughts and facts on the ground. Let’s review a representative, if incomplete, list:
- Obama thinks algae can power the economy. The real world knows it needs natural gas, oil, and coal.
- Obama thinks he’s not to blame for gas prices. The real world watched Obama blame president George W. Bush (plus Darth Vader and assorted other parts of the evil Empire) for high gas prices.
- Obama thinks government creates value. The real world knows government can take, redistribute, regulate, and borrow, but that it cannot create value.
- Obama ignores the fact borrowed money must be repaid. The real world expects to be repaid.
- Obama thinks contraception and abortions are free. The real world knows someone ultimately has to pay and is well-aware of the free lunch fallacy.
- Obama thinks GM and Chrysler are back. The real world knows creative destruction is the only cure for these sorts of “government success stories.”
- Obama thinks raising taxes brings more money into government coffers. The real world knows raising taxes leads to tax avoidance strategies (and actions).
- Obama thinks redistributionist policies are an issue of “fairness.” The real world knows fair is only a state of the weather, not a state of the world.
- Obama thinks Ponzi schemes are acceptable as long as they are government sanctioned. The real world sends Ponzi schemers to jail.
- Obama thinks it’s ok to ignore laws he disagrees with as well as creating new laws through regulation. The real world (generally) holds the law as king, not the king as law.
Additions to the above would be welcome! Tragi-comedy gold from 2008, sans teleprompter, follows: