The Politico and the Court
What would prompt the President to make his ominous warnings regarding the unelected (and by implication, scary) black robes of the Supreme Court (the reliably liberal justices are, of course, excluded)? Some ideas:
1. The President can’t help help himself. Like his previous no-value added comments on Trayvon Martin, Henry Louis Gates and the police, the Sandra Fluke weigh-in, et al, the President’s self-censor too often trails his brain waves.
2. The President was tipped off that the court is leaning towards rejecting part or all of Obamacare and he attempted to get off a preemptive strike on the Supremes to delegitimize them.
3. The President is attempting to influence the court to uphold Obamacare in its totality through his warnings.
4. The President does not understand the Supreme Court is doing its job in reviewing the case.
5. The President does not understand the Court has the authority to overturned unconstitutional legislation.
6. The President does not understand the balance of power arrangement between the branches of government.
No matter the answer, the President’s comments reflect poorly on his judgment, leadership, and discretion.