What do you learn from this week’s political headlines?
- Dick Lugar is totally out of touch with Indiana voters.
- Barry Oh! favors homosexual marriage.
- Mitt Romney may or may not have participated in high school activities as a high schooler.
- Mitt Romney has a likeability problem.
- The homosexual marriage issue may hurt Mitt Romney.
- California’s budget deficit is about 170% of what it was projected at the start of this year.
- European economies—with a couple exceptions—are in the septic tank.
What is ignored in this week’s political headlines?
- The U.S. economy is on the same glide slope as California and Europe.
- Increased homosexual marriage discussion means reduced Obamanomics discussion.
- The labor force is as small as its been in 30 years.
- The federal debt and deficit are not self-healing.
- Obamacare will greatly add to the federal debt and deficit problems.
- Joe Biden is the “thought leader” in this Administration.
- Iran is closer than ever to being a nuclear weapons state.
- Human rights is not a priority for the Administration.
The lesson for the 2012 campaign? It’s more than the stupid economy. It’s a failed Administration.