Top ten observations regarding Obama’s epic fail
Post-debate, here’s a top ten stream of consciousness that comes to mind:
- Worst performance by a nominee (and that’s what Barry is) in a debate since Al Gore’s heavy sigh. For Obama, tonight was a heavy sigh writ large. Heavy sighs don’t win voters.
- Barry really could have used a teleprompter or an ear piece. Dear Reader may do a dandy job on teleprompter but he clearly isn’t Dear Thinker or Dear Debater.
- Appearing on The View is a poor intellectual substitute for having your policies, ideas, and record challenged by the media (Univision, Fox, and talk radio excepted) or your staff.
- Romney looks presidential.
- Barry looks perturbed. Maybe a new tie will help…
- Having a command of the facts seems to be vey important in a debate.
- As we clicked around to MSNBC and CNN, the talking heads there were in agreement: this was a terrible night for Barry. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing (but as I continued to listen to the guy from Starbucks arguing with Rudy Giuliani on MSNBC, I could…).
- Used “trickle down government,” but still waiting to hear Mr. Romney describe Barry’s presidency as “trickle down poverty” or that Obama’s “recovery” has been worse for Americans than Bush’s “recession.”
- Barry could have partaken a few economics courses in lieu of the skull bong and myriad coke lines. Still, he is our most intelligent president ever, right?
- Bill Clinton will become increasingly important to Barry as the election nears.
- BONUS OBSERVATION: in HD, many of the talking heads appear to have false teeth.
And how about Paul Ryan debating Joe Biden in about a week? Do the words “mercy rule” come to mind? Don’t be too surprised if the Administration announces that heartbeat-away Joe (AKA GaffeMaster Flash) has a pesky hair plug infection or some such excuse that keeps him from facing Ryan. Otherwise, it’ll make Dick Cheney’s TKO of Joe Lieberman look like a Sunday School picnic.