The wit and wisdom of Bill O’Reilly
Bill O’Reilly is a pompous and unbearable ass. And given this fundamental state of being, here are the top ten reasons not to love Bill O’Reilly:
- He thinks calling orthodox Christians “Bible thumpers” isn’t derogatory. (He may also think the “N” word isn’t derisive).
- He has a
- His writers kindly place his monologue on the screen so he can read it (just like Barack Obama).
- He possesses the human warmth of Hillary Clinton, the analytical skills of Dan Rather, and the good looks of Lyle Lovett.
- He knows listening is not a communication skill but that endless self-promotion is.
- He believes that he who talks loudest and longest is a leader.
- Just like Barack Obama, his name appears as “author” on the dust-jacket of popular books.
- His medications seem to be in a constant state of unbalance.
- His guests are on strict orders to shut up when he begins to speak; his show is 15 minutes of content jammed into an hour.
- He boat-anchors otherwise interesting people like Laura Ingram and Dennis Miller.
On the other hand, O’Reilly is often correct on basic issues. Are such events random successes?