A bad week for the left
How was this week bad for the left? Let me count the ways:
- Anti-gun control types in the Democrat controlled Senate rejected the President’s pleading and made him look inept on politics, policy, tactics, and strategy.
- The President compounds his inept demeanor by appearing angry, weak, and unpresidential.
- Vacuous gun controllers follow the President and respond with empty and angry emotionalism.
- The Boston Marathon bombers aren’t white Americans.
- The President takes pains to keep from calling the Boston Marathon bombing an act of terrorism until someone tells him he looks like a fool by not to doing so.
- The President’s 2014 budget is upside-down with the public.
MilkbagMilbank is reduced to comparing Ted Cruz to Joe McCarthy.
- The global economy hasn’t looked this bad since
Jimmy CarterFDR occupied the White House.
- We don’t get fooled again becomes the cry of the not-left regarding the Gang of Eight’s (twice the fun of the Gang of Four!) 2 A.M immigration bill.
- The traditional media re-discovers the limits of their powers to protect the President.
- The traditional media shrugs off their epic post-Boston Marathon bombing fail.
- Liberal “elites” (an oxymoron, yes) demonstrate—again—they epitomize economic befuddlement.
- Revelations of an abortionist/butcher that the media has been shamed into addressing.
Was this this week any good for the left? It wasn’t a total loss: they co-opted Marco Rubio into serving as one of the point-men for the Senate’s
amnesty immigration plan and have the Boy Scouts looking to go gay. That and they got a kid arrested for wearing a t-shirt with a gun on it.