The Obama experiment rots from the head
China and Russia don’t care what America thinks because they believe President Obama is weak, malleable, and/or inept. Many American’s don’t care what President Obama thinks because his record is one of negative accomplishment. (Many Americans do, however—and in the absence of any evidence—hold out hope that the President is a nice guy.)
In fact, President Obama continues to do not-nice things to the United States that most people thought impossible: he’s managing to make the presidency of George Bush (either one) look like that of George Washington.
Consider a partial list of the Obama foreign policy fails:
- The much-ballyhooed Russian Reset didn’t work.
- China is once again hacking into U.S. government and commercial enterprises making off with and/or planting things that will cause who knows what who knows when.
- America’s stature in the Arab world since Bush left the White House has diminished; the Arab Spring has sprung; leading from behind is the de facto Obama Doctrine.
- Terrorism is out of its box.
- Iran and North Korea have both made significant strides in their nuclear weapons programs.
Consider a partial list of the domestic policy fails:
- Many more Americans are unemployed and underemployed than when Obama took office; the Bush recession was less damaging to America than the Obama recovery.
- Obamacare, which will control a sixth of the economy, is now described by a primary author as a train wreck waiting to happen.
- Crony capitalism has grown and flourished.
- Fundamental liberties and due process are being systematically dismantled.
- The federal debt has grown to unpayable levels even as taxes are up (regardless of the President’s promises).
- Gasoline prices are at their highest levels ever in several locales.
- The Obama Administration is mired in myriad scandals.
On the other hand, the stock market is up.
Actually, on further review, President Obama is doing the uber impossible. He’s making Jimmy Carter look like George Washington.
Depending on how the scandals play out, he could even make Richard Nixon look like Jimmy Carter.