Our B-team President
How does our smartest-ever President continue to fail us? Let us count a few of the ways (yes, space limits the number of examples provided):
- Professional politico can’t grasp presidential politics.
- Brilliant policy wonk doesn’t understand fundamental economic principles any better than Paul Krugman: recovery is in name only; numbers of poor increase; record debt and deficits; massive unemployed and underemployed numbers; record numbers on food stamps, up 70% since 2008.
- Insightful assessor of people puts non-credible idiots into a variety of critical positions.
- Health care visionary doesn’t get health care.
- Constitutional scholar fails to understand the Constitution and/or the legislative and judicial branches.
- Master diplomat and statesman causes regression in America’s standing.
- Moralistic man of transparency hides truth in his secret bureaucratic fortresses.
Leadership-wise, the President has managed to make John Kerry look like John Wayne; economically, Obama makes the Carter years look like the Clinton-era; morally, his White House is now making the Nixon Administration look like Mother Theresa.
Bill Clinton was right: Barack Obama is an amateur. Although amateurs may experience random successes, persistent failure—like what we’ve seen—is the pattern of behavior.